INSTRUCTOR-FACILITATED ONLINE COURSE
START DATE: 3 APRIL 2019
- Duration: 4 Weeks
- Expected time commitment: up to 5 hours per week, on average
- Weekly virtual live session: 1 hour each week during the course, tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 1 p.m.
- Check our FAQ for more details: https://govex.academy/faq
- Is your city a part of What Works Cities? You may be able to take this course for free. Enter your coupon code when signing up. If you’re not sure whether your city is a part of What Works Cities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online, instructor-facilitated course developed by the Center for Government Excellence at Johns Hopkins University will provide an introduction to performance analytics principles and their applications in government. Participants will gain practical experience in building or strengthening performance analytics practices and developing innovative solutions to improve government services. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify components of a performance analytics program.
- Compare models of performance analytics in government.
- Define problems for analytic projects.
- Identify desired outcomes and relevant measures for a given performance area.
This course aligns with the following What Works Cities Certification Criteria focused on Performance Analytics. The full list of criteria can be found at https://medium.com/@WhatWorksCities/5c514f1dff1b.
- Your local government identifies strategic goals, aligns a diverse set of measures with those goals, and uses data to evaluate progress toward them.
- Your local government holds performance management meetings during which it reviews data, discusses insights, and makes decisions about its strategic goals at least quarterly.
- Your local government regularly shares its strategic goals, performance measures, and progress toward achieving those goals with the public.
- Your local government has documented policies or practices to manage the risk of data breach, loss, or unauthorized manipulation.
You selected to get the course (PA 201) Foundations of Per... (PA 201.2). Please Login or Signup to get it.