INSTRUCTOR-FACILITATED ONLINE COURSE
START DATE: October 02, 2019
- Duration: 4 Weeks
- Expected time commitment: up to 5 hours per week, on average
- Introduction virtual live session: Wednesday, October O2, Time: 2 PM to 2:45 PM ET.
- Weekly virtual live session: 1 hour each week during the course, Starting October 07, 2019
- Check our FAQ for more details: https://govex.academy/faq
- Is your city a part of What Works Cities? You may be able to take this course for free. Enter your coupon code when signing up. If you’re not sure whether your city is a part of What Works Cities, please email email@example.com.
This online, instructor-facilitated course developed by the Center for Government Excellence at Johns Hopkins University will provide an introduction to performance analytics principles and their applications in government. Participants will gain practical experience in building or strengthening performance analytics practices and developing innovative solutions to improve government services. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
-Assess organizational readiness for performance analytics;
-Advocate for the performance analytics model that best suits an organization's characteristics and priorities;
-Draft a problem statement for performance analytics; and
-Construct a goal statement for performance analytics.
This course aligns with the following What Works Cities Certification Criteria focused on Performance Analytics. The full list of criteria can be found at https://medium.com/@WhatWorksCities/5c514f1dff1b.
- Your local government identifies strategic goals, aligns a diverse set of measures with those goals, and uses data to evaluate progress toward them.
- Your local government holds performance management meetings during which it reviews data, discusses insights, and makes decisions about its strategic goals at least quarterly.
- Your local government regularly shares its strategic goals, performance measures, and progress toward achieving those goals with the public.
- Your local government has documented policies or practices to manage the risk of data breach, loss, or unauthorized manipulation.
Start Date: 10/02/2019